Gina M. Pellettieri, Esq.
Life decisions, like buying a first home or getting a divorce, are the most difficult challenges we face. At such emotional times, it is so freeing to be able to stop fighting with others or wrestling with ourselves. As an award-winning real estate and divorce attorney and mediator, Gina eases difficult transitions to make way for happier, more harmonious homes and families, while protecting the legal rights of all involved.
Real Estate – Early in her career, after graduating from Hofstra University School of Law, she advised Washington D.C. banks and mortgage brokers on state and federal regulatory compliance matters. Upon returning to Long Island, N.Y., she represented lenders, purchasers, and sellers in residential real estate transactions. Prior to beginning her private practice, she served for five years as a director at the Long Island Housing Partnership, a housing not-for-profit, where she oversaw programs that assisted first-time homebuyers with purchasing a home, as well as empowering distressed homeowners to keep their homes. As an instructor and special lecturer at Long Island University’s C.W. Post Campus, Gina taught paralegal students the intricacies of the residential real estate transaction, loan modification, and foreclosure processes, as well as many other legal concepts.
Mediation – After going through her own divorce, she trained in Divorce Mediation at the Center for Family & Divorce Mediation and received her collaborative training through the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals. In order to understand relationships better and be more equipped at working with couples in conflict, Gina became an official Gottman Seven Principles Leader by taking the Gottman Institute’s Leader Training on Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, among many other trainings. Her focus is on helping people come to a mutual agreement that resolves their dispute in a fair manner, without the need for costly litigation and fighting. She can often be heard saying, “Divorce is hard, the process doesn’t have to be.”
On a Personal Note – Partly because I have always prided myself on understanding both sides of a conflict, I used to say that divorce simply wasn’t an option… until I was faced with it myself. That’s when I decided to become a mediator. Clients hire me so they can lower divorce costs and reduce the conflict in their lives, rather than increasing it through the adversarial legal system. Many say that their homes and families are much happier after the divorce process than previously. Although it may not seem obvious, my experience with helping first-time homebuyers at a LIHP, a local Suffolk county housing not-for-profit, provides a foundation for assisting both residential real estate clients and divorce clients. I am familiar with (and even ran some) first-time homebuyer grant and development programs and understand the basics when it comes to mortgage affordability. My goal is to help guide my clients through their stressful legal matters with minimal conflict so they can move to the next phase of their life and, hopefully, find a little bit of happiness, whether it be by getting a divorce or buying and selling their homes.
Memberships – Ms. Pellettieri is a member of the Centereach Civic Association, Middle Country Chamber of Commerce, Moxxie Network, New York State Association of Collaborative Professionals, New York State Council on Divorce Mediation, and the Suffolk County Bar Association.
- Town of Brookhaven, Department of Women’s Services – Women’s Recognition Award for Law, 2017
- New York State Jaycees – Governor, 2017
- Best of Long Island – Best Lawyer Nominee, 2022
- Best of Long Island – Best Lawyer Nominee &
- Best Real Estate Lawyer Nominee, 2023
- LeTip Central L.I. Chapter, President
- Pro Bono Attorney, Town of Brookhaven
- Dress for Success Brookhaven, Former Board
- Chairperson and Current Volunteer
- Long Island Junior Chamber of Commerce (LIJC), Past President
Education and Training
- Hofstra University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Manhattan College, B.A., magna cum laude
- Basic Collaborative Practice Training
- Basic Training in Divorce Mediation, Center for Family & Divorce Mediation
- Collaborative Law Training, New York Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Divorce Mediation Training, Center for Mediation & Training, NYC
- Domestic Violence Training, Center for Family & Divorce Mediation
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Basic Arbitrator Training
- New York State Bar Admission, 1999
- Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, Leader Training by the Gottman Institute
- Surrogate’s Court Mediation Training, Unified Court System, Suffolk County Surrogate’s Court
- The Value of the Collaborative Process for LGBTQ Families & Relationships
- Workplace Mediation Training
Call us at 631-320-1493 for a FREE initial consultation!
Why Choose Us
- Focus on the client: Attorney Gina M. Pellettieri and her legal team always seek to place their focus on the individual needs of each client, taking time to listen and laying out possible solutions for each case. Whether you have a real estate contract problem or are nervous about getting started with a divorce, you can always count on receiving professional yet caring services at our firm.
- Knowledge and skills: Attorney Gina M. Pellettieri brings to the table a unique combination of in-depth legal knowledge and skills acquired after many years of handling a variety of cases for clients in Suffolk county. Regardless of how simple or complex your case may be, you can be sure to receive high-quality legal services and advice at the Law Office of Gina M. Pellettieri, PLLC.
- Focus on results: When you are going through a difficult situation such as a divorce or personal injury, it is important to rely on an attorney who can help you get to a favorable resolution in the most efficient way. For some, that does not always mean going through a long-winded court battle. Our firm is here to protect your rights and help you move on by focusing on results.
- Peace of mind: Situations such as a divorce or an injury caused by someone else can be emotionally draining and difficult to navigate. By trusting Attorney Gina M. Pellettieri with your case, you can have the peace of mind of knowing your case is being handled by a professional who has your best interests at heart.
- Clarity at every step of the way: The laws and rules that apply to a case may often be complex and hard to understand, causing confusion and leaving you unsure of how to proceed. Attorney Gina M. Pellettieri seeks to remove obstacles and help you understand the laws that affect your case in plain language, so you can have the clarity to move forward.
- Know who you are dealing with: With the Law Office of Gina M. Pellettieri, you will not be dealing with a large firm with countless assistants and an attorney who is never available to take your calls. The primary focus is on being there for you as a client and providing top-quality legal services and guidance every step of the way.