Making Changes to Divorce Agreements, Custody Arrangements, and More Amicably at the Law Office of Gina M Pellettieri PLLC
Life isn’t static. Our circumstances are ever-evolving. The way our life existed in the past is not necessarily how it exists today.
That is why there are often situations in which an alternation needs to be made to a divorce agreement, child custody arrangement, spousal support, or other issues that require altering the terms of the divorce to better fit the needs and issues of today.
The challenge that many couples have is that they may need to alter the terms, but they are concerned about adding conflict to their relationship. As a divorce lawyer, the way we can approach this is through a process called divorce mediation.
Who We Are – The Law Office of Gina M. Pellettieri PLLC
Gina Pellettieri is a Long Island divorce lawyer serving the local community. Like any divorce lawyer, Gina works with couples that are in need of support through their separation. But what makes the Law Office of Gina M. Pellettieri PLLC different is that we focus on a process known as divorce mediation.
Divorce mediation is less contentious. It involves both parties. Agreements are more customizable and they do not require two parties battling it out in court. Divorce mediation is often viewed as a better way to have an amicable divorce, which is why it is also potentially a useful tool for assisting individuals with post-divorce modifications.
Through these services, Gina and her team are able to help both parties come up with a mutually fair agreement that respects the past, present, and the future – one that can be specially customized to be as fair as possible to both sides, both now and in the future, in an environment that is far less contentious.
What May Be Addressed When Making Changes to Divorce Agreements?
Divorce agreements, especially when completed by the courts and not mediation, are often not seen as living documents. But in a sense, it is possible for any circumstance to change. That is why we can address many issues, such as –
- Child Custody and Visitation – Changes in living situations, relocation, or the evolving needs of children may necessitate modifications to custody arrangements and visitation schedules.
- Child Support – Significant changes in financial circumstances, such as job loss, promotion, or changes in the child’s needs, can warrant adjustments to child support payments.
- Spousal Support – Alterations in the financial standing of either party, such as remarriage, increased or decreased income, or changes in health, can lead to modifications in spousal support agreements.
- Asset and Property Division – While less common and a bit more complicated, certain conditions may allow for the reconsideration of asset and property division post-divorce.
In addition, the new agreements do not have to be static. For example, if a person needs a break from a specific type of support for a short time to deal with a financial issue, but expects it to be resolved in the future, the modification can include that resolution so that the couple can continue to move forward.
Why Choose Gina Pellettieri for Your Post-Divorce Modification Needs
Gina Pellettieri brings a unique blend of compassion, legal acumen, and a commitment to fairness to her practice, making her an ideal choice for those seeking post-divorce modifications on Long Island. Her approach is characterized by:
- Personalized Legal Representation – Understanding that every individual’s situation is unique, Gina provides personalized legal representation tailored to the specific needs and objectives of her clients.
- Expert Negotiation Skills – With extensive experience in family law, Gina possesses the negotiation skills necessary to advocate effectively for her clients’ interests in post-divorce modification matters.
- Comprehensive Legal Knowledge – Staying up to date of the latest developments in family law, Gina ensures that her clients receive informed and strategic legal advice.
The process of obtaining a post-divorce modification begins with a thorough evaluation of the changes in circumstances and an assessment of how these changes impact the existing divorce decree. Gina Pellettieri works closely with her clients to:
- Identify and Document Changes – Clearly identifying and documenting the significant changes that warrant a modification is the first step in the process.
- Develop a Legal Strategy – Based on the specific circumstances and legal standards for modifications, Gina develops a tailored legal strategy aimed at achieving the desired modifications.
- Negotiate and Advocate – Whether through negotiation with the other party or advocacy in court, Gina is committed to representing her clients’ interests with tenacity and professionalism.
Contact Gina Pellettieri If you are experiencing significant life changes that necessitate modifications to your divorce agreement. The Law Office of Gina M Pellettieri PLLC is here to provide the legal support and guidance you need. Her dedication to her clients, combined with her expertise in post-divorce modifications, makes her a trusted legal advisor on Long Island.
To explore your options for post-divorce modifications and to learn how Gina Pellettieri can assist you, please contact our office. Serving clients across Long Island, Gina is committed to helping you navigate the complexities of post-divorce modifications with confidence and ease.